Website Christian Brothers Mechanical Services
Christian Brothers Mechanical Services is one of the largest, family-owned commercial heating, ventilation and cooling contractors in Southern California.
HVAC CAD Designer/Detailer
Full-time $65,000 – $100,000 a year
Qualifications & Essential Functions
- HVAC design
- BIM Coordination Revit
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D, Layout & detailing.
- HVAC CAD Detailer experience 3-5 years or better.
- Able to create buildable shop drawings for HVAC systems.
- Ability to coordinate with other trades
- Track multiple projects
- Design Roof openings
- Ability to Resolve Ductwork conflicts
- Understand Structural, Architectural, Plumbing, etc. Plan
- Duct and pipe redesign for efficiency
- Maintain standard operating procedures in CAD Department
- Experience with Naviswork & Clash Detection
- Create Assembly drawings
- Ability to generate RFI’s
- Problem-solving in mathematical calculations
- Must be able to communicate and visualize designs in 3D
- Basic understanding of metal fabrication
- Meticulous attention to detail, effective planning, and organizational skills
- Exceptionally time conscious
- Must have strong people skills, and the ability to motivate and promote teamwork
- Ability to plan and implement improvements
- Ability to resolve problems, document all issues, and put best practices in place to prevent future problems
- Firm grasp of computer/AutoCAD/3D terminology
- Understands drawing standards, drawing views, and best practices
AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Outlook & Bluebeam
Full Job Description
HVAC CAD Detailer/Designer
An immediate position is available for a Full-time CAD Detailer/Designer at a locally growing Commercial HVAC company.
4.5 ★★★★★ on Glassdoor
We are a full-service HVAC contractor with a full office staff including an engineering & construction dept, HVAC controls dept, sales staff & support as well as commercial & residential service department, in-house sheet metal fabrication shop, and field installers.
Our projects consist of HVAC in-house design/build as well as plan/spec engineering drawings for commercial offices, schools, high-rise residential projects, medical facilities, distribution centers, etc.
We utilize AutoCAD MEP & Revit along with Autodesk Fabrication software for our design and spool drawings to integrate with our in-house sheet metal fabrication shop.
Responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the Engineering/Design team in creating HVAC design drawings
- Creating field coordination drawings
- 3D BIM meetings and coordination
- Fabrication spool drawings
- Generating as-built drawings
The ideal candidate would have a strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
Revit software & HVAC drafting experience is a plus.
Navisworks knowledge is helpful. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
3-5 years of AutoCAD experience is preferred.
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks are optional, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, no vaccination requirements.
Ability to commute:
- Mira Loma Ca 91752: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
- Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision
- We offer Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance after 60 days of employment.
- Eligible for 401K after one year of employment
- Paid time off
- PTO and Holiday Pay after 90 Days
- Schedule: 8-hour shift
Please forward your resume along with references and salary requirements.